Many organizations have had to adapt and change how they are providing services during the COVID-19 outbreak, so check with the listed contact person for specific details.
Please share the following Mission opportunities with your group(s):
Some mission opportunities are on hold during the COVID19 restrictions. Check with contact person for more information.
- On Hold – Mobile Loaves and Fishes until Fellowship Hall and Kitchen are repaired
- Jan 6 – HCCM Fresh Food For All sort food at HCCM. Leander (Cliff Wells): 1:00-2:30 pm
- Jan 7 – HCCM Fresh Food For All distribution in Bethany Parking Lot (Cliff Wells): 8:30-11:00 am
- Jan 11 – Feed My People at First UMC Austin - Unfortunately FMP had to go back to serving to-go bags outside due to entering Stage 4 AGAIN! We will resume indoor breakfast as soon as it is safer to do so. Limited volunteers needed. Can use donations of socks & boxer shorts and sponsorships at $250 per session. Sign up HERE. Contact (Debbie Childers): 5:30 - 7:00 AM.
- Jan 16 – "We are Blood" Drive - 32 slots available. Details & Sign up HERE (Jim Bos)
- Samaritan Health Ministries. We depend on volunteers to provide much needed medical and dental care to the uninsured in our community. We are looking for: interpreters, handyman, dental hygienists, pharmacists, pharmacy techs (all shifts) and Monday evenings 4 – 8pm for Acute Care Clinic: Medical Assistants, Nurses, Pharmacists, Interpreters. ( ). (Rich Wilcox)
- Movin’ & Groovin’ – Needs some storage bins & boxes and “Muscle” which is volunteers with trucks to deliver much-needed beds sofas to families setting up their new households. (Ginny Conklin- 512-799-4848)
- Daily – Prayer Shawls are needed during these restricted times. (Vickie Koelling)
- Women of Vision Austin - STEP (Survivor of Trafficking Empowerment Program) is collecting care kit supplies for local survivors of abuse & trafficking. See this Sign-Up Genius for details: www.bit.ly/wovstep1 Email or call 512-740-5911.
- Drive A Senior Northwest needs drivers to assist clients with necessary transportation during the current restrictions. Donations needed of postage stamps, spray cleaners, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, card stock/decorative paper. (Carla Young)
- Drive A Senior Northwest is establishing a Community Council for the ministry that will meet twice a year who are interested in the ministry and will spread the word about services, understand needs in our service area related to seniors, particularly with transportation or isolation risks and recommend solutions. (Carla Young)
- HCCM Thrift Store is open, but needs volunteers to sort and price goods for sale. Email or call 512-334-6464. HCCM needs volunteers in the Food Pantry for Wednesday AM & PM shifts and on most afternoon shifts. Kandy Chimento (512-259-0360, Ext. 205.)
Refugee Services of TX is collecting hotel and Visa gift cards for SIV evacuee families from Afghanistan. Drop off gift cards at: 500 E St Johns Ave #1.280, Austin, 78752. Do you have contacts within the apartment/leasing community? Connect or with an email introduction to your contacts. Bethany contact: or 512-740-5911.
- Reveal Resource Center Clothes Closet needs volunteers on Monday and Tuesday mornings from 9:00am - 12:00pm
Samaritan Health Ministries. We depend on volunteers to provide much needed medical and dental care to the uninsured in our community. We are looking for: interpreters, handyman, dental hygienists, pharmacists, pharmacy techs (all shifts) and Monday evenings 4 – 8pm for Acute Care Clinic: Medical Assistants, Nurses, Pharmacists, Interpreters. ( ) .
- Weekly – HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need non-perishable food donations
- Bags of Hope( formerly Backpack Ministry)- Can use donations of JIF TO GO Peanut Butter and single serving Mac & Cheese.
- Weekly – HCCM and Reveal Resource Center also need and personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste& toilet paper).
- Reveal Resource Center also can use large diapers (Linda Stearnes)
- ADRN (Austin Disaster Relief Network) is requesting Survivor Care Kits (Care Kit Content List HERE) or donations to ADRN on their website (http://www.adrntx.com), by check to Bethany or on-line HERE (select "Austin Disaster Relief Network Donation" from dropdown). There are immediate needs for the kits but we will also be collecting for an indefinite period. You can deliver the kits to ADRN HQ or bring to Bethany campus and Jimmy will deliver to ADRN. (Jimmy Wilson)
FINANCIAL DONATIONS TO ALL MISSIONS:
- Financial Donations to all Missions can be made on-line through Bethany Giving (select appropriate fund designation from the drop down)
Next Missions Team Meeting
Mon, Jan 31, 2022 @ 7:00 PM
Room D-211 & Via Zoom
Contact Cliff Wells for meeting link