Many organizations have had to adapt and change how they are providing services during the COVID-19 outbreak, so check with the listed contact person first.
Please share the following Mission opportunities with your group(s):
Several mission opportunities are on hold during the COVID19 restrictions. Check with contact person for more information.
- On Hold – Mobile Loaves and Fishes at Bethany FH (Gayle Kneupper)
- Nov 5 – HCCM Fresh Food Fridays Sort Food at HCCM. Leander (Cliff Wells): 1:00-2:30 pm
- Nov 6 – HCCM Fresh Food For All in Bethany Parking Lot (Cliff Wells): 8:30-11:00 am
- Nov 10 – Feed My People at First UMC Austin. Limited volunteers needed. Contact (Debbie Childers): 5:30 am
- Nov 15 – Deadline to turn in Thanksgiving Bags (Kris Cutler)
- Nov 22 – Thanksgiving Bags Delivery (Sign-up)
- Nov 25 – Mobile Loaves and Fishes at Bethany FH (Gayle Kneupper)
- Daily – Prayer Shawls are needed during these restricted times. (Vickie Koelling)
- Various – Drive A Senior Northwest needs drivers to assist clients with necessary transportation during the current restrictions (Carla Young)
- Various – HCCM Thrift Store is open, but desperately need volunteers to sort and price goods for sale. Email or call 512-334-6464
Thanksgiving Generosity Opportunities
- Thanksgiving Bags. Student Ministries A. Provide Thanksgiving Meal Bags to local area families in need. Sponsored by Student Ministries See list of groceries to fill bags. Add a check for $35 will be used to purchase a fully cooked frozen turkey, dinner rolls and a pie for each family. If you prefer to NOT shop for groceries, but would like to help a family in need, you can make monetary donations to BUMC in the amount of $60 per family, by check or -line. B. Deliver bags on Sunday Nov. 22. You can sign up online to help. ( )
- Reveal Resource Center – is providing Thanksgiving Meals. They are asking for canned green beans, canned corn, cranberry sauce and stuffing and gravy mix. Share Your Blessings gives you an opportunity to help a family during this holiday season. Your donation of $20 will provide a complete meal for a family of 6. Our goal is to bless 800 families with a Thanksgiving meal this year. Would you like to volunteer on Sunday, November 22nd?
- Hill Country Community Ministries is providing Holiday Meals. Starting Monday, November 2, we will begin distributing holiday meals to our clients with their monthly orders. They are collecting non-perishable food donations of instant potatoes, large Cans of sweet potatoes, canned fruit, canned vegetables, pudding or pie filling, pie crust. A donation of $25 can provide a holiday meal for a family
- HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need food donations. There are food donation barrels in front of the Galilee Bldg. Outside donation barrels are cleared daily and contents stored inside.
Donations Barrels (Location Map)
Located in front of the Galilee (Children's) Building by the main doors. Barrels are cleared daily and the contents stored inside.
- HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need food donations especially Mac & Cheese, Breakfast Cereal and Pasta.
- ADRN is requesting Survivor Care Kits (Care Kit Content List HERE). Donate to ADRN on their website (http://www.adrntx.com), by check to Bethany or on-line HERE (put ADRN Hurricane Relief in the field to indicate where to apply payment). There are immediate needs for the kits but we will also be collecting for an indefinite period. You can deliver the kits to ADRN headquarters OR put in the donation bin and Jimmy will deliver to ADRN (Jimmy Wilson)
- Mobility World Wide is collecting empty, clean gallon milk bottles with the lids on for packing mobility carts for shipping. Place in the donation barrels.
Next Missions Team Meeting
Monday, Nov 23, 2020 @ 7:00 PM
Ministry Center, D-105