Many organizations have had to adapt and change how they are providing services during the COVID-19 outbreak, so check with the listed contact person first.
Please share the following Mission opportunities with your group(s):
Several mission opportunities are on hold during the COVID19 restrictions. Check with contact person for more information.
- On Hold - Mobile Loaves and Fishes at Bethany FH (Gayle Kneupper)
- Sep 3 – HCCM Fresh Food Fridays Sort Food at HCCM. Leander (Cliff Wells): 1-2:30 pm
- Sep 4 – HCCM Fresh Food Fridays in Bethany Parking Lot (Cliff Wells): 8:30-11 am
- Sep 8 – Feed My People at First UMC Austin …Limited volunteers needed. Contact (Debbie Childers): 5:30 am
- Sep 26 – Student Ministries needs help unloading an 18-wheeler full of pumpkins. To do so safely, we need everyone to bring a wagon or wheelbarrow, a pair of work gloves and please wear a mask. We begin at 9:00 am on Saturday, September 26. We will also need help running the Pumpkin Patch. You can sign up online to help HERE. (Kris Cutler).
- Daily – Prayer Shawls are needed during these restricted times. (Vickie Koelling)
- Various – Drive A Senior Northwest needs drivers to assist clients with necessary transportation during the current restrictions (Carla Young)
- Various – HCCM Thrift Store is open, but desperately need volunteers to sort and price goods for sale. Email or call 512-334-6464
Donations Barrels (Location Map)
Located in front of the Galilee (Children's) Building by the main doors. Barrels are cleared daily and the contents stored inside.
- Sep 1-25 – Reveal Resource Center has a drive to collect 50,000 diapers and build a "Diaper Cake". Bethany has committed 3000 diapers to the event. You can donate funds to purchase diapers HERE (select Reveal Resource Center from the drop down) OR donate any size diapers or brand in the donation barrels. (Sizes, 4, 5 & 6 are needed.) Help roll diapers for the Diaper Cake! Sign-up HERE
- HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need food donations especially Mac & Cheese, Breakfast Cereal and Pasta.
- ADRN is requesting Survivor Care Kits (Care Kit Content List HERE). Donate to ADRN on their website (http://www.adrntx.com), by check to Bethany or on-line HERE (put ADRN Hurricane Relief in the field to indicate where to apply payment). There are immediate needs for the kits but we will also be collecting for an indefinite period. You can deliver the kits to ADRN headquarters OR put in the donation bin and Jimmy will deliver to ADRN (Jimmy Wilson)
- Mobility World Wide is collecting empty, clean gallon milk bottles with the lids on for packing mobility carts for shipping. Place in the donation barrels.
Next Missions Team Meeting
Monday, Sep 28, 2020 @ 7:00 PM via Zoom