Many organizations have had to adapt and change how they are providing services during the COVID-19 outbreak, so check with the listed contact person first.
Please share the following Mission opportunities with your group(s):
Several mission opportunities are on hold during the COVID19 restrictions. Check with contact person for more information.
- On Hold – Mobile Loaves and Fishes at Bethany FH (Gayle Kneupper)
- Feb 2 – is meeting to sort donations, measure & package sheets, package towels, fill containers with soap & detergent for distribution to families in need. Work to be done in and around the BUMC Lighthouse Bldgs. All volunteers will be masked and distance standards will be maintained in and out of the buildings. No contact with other volunteers. Only a few hours will be needed. See map on Missions page for location of Lighthouse Bldgs. on Bethany Campus. Call of text Ginny Conklin to sign up (512-799-4848).
- Feb 4 – HCCM Fresh Food Fridays sort food at HCCM. Leander (Cliff Wells): 1:00-2:30 pm
- Feb 5 – HCCM Fresh Food For All in Bethany Parking Lot (Cliff Wells): 8:30-11:00 am
- Feb 9 – Feed My People at First UMC Austin. Limited volunteers needed. Contact (Debbie Childers): 5:30 am
- Daily – Prayer Shawls are needed during these restricted times. (Vickie Koelling)
- Various – Drive A Senior Northwest needs drivers to assist clients with necessary transportation during the current restrictions. Donations needed of postage stamps, spray cleaners, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, card stock/decorative paper. (Carla Young)
- Various – HCCM Thrift Store is open, but desperately need volunteers to sort and price goods for sale. Email or call 512-334-6464
Donations Barrels (Location Map)
LOCATED IN FRONT OF THE GALILEE (Children's) BUILDING by the main doors. BARRELS ARE CLEARED DAILY and the contents stored inside.
- HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need non-perishable food donations and personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste& toilet paper).
- ADRN is requesting Survivor Care Kits (Care Kit Content List HERE). Donate to ADRN on their website (http://www.adrntx.com), by check to Bethany or on-line HERE (put ADRN Hurricane Relief in the field to indicate where to apply payment). There are immediate needs for the kits but we will also be collecting for an indefinite period. You can deliver the kits to ADRN headquarters OR put in the donation bin and Jimmy will deliver to ADRN (Jimmy Wilson)
- Mobility World Wide is collecting empty, clean gallon milk bottles with the lids on for packing mobility carts for shipping. Place in the donation barrels.
- Financial Donations to all Missions can be made on-line through Bethany Giving (select appropriate fund designation from the drop down)
Next Missions Team Meeting
Monday, Mar 21, 2021@ 7:00 PM (tentative-Spring Break?)
Contact Cliff Wells for meeting link