Please share the following Mission opportunities with your group(s):
- On Hold - Mobile Loaves and Fishes at Bethany FH:
- 2nd Tuesdays - Feed My People at First UMC Austin - First UMC kitchen and serving 60-80 breakfasts. About 15 volunteers needed; see sign-up genius on website. Can use donations of socks & boxer shorts and sponsorships at $250 per session. Contact (Debbie Childers): 5:30 am
- 1st Thursdays - HCCM Fresh Food Fridays Sort Food at HCCM. Leander (Cliff Wells): 1:00-2:30 pm
- 1st Fridays - HCCM Fresh Food Fridays Food Distribution in Bethany Parking Lot (Cliff Wells): 8:20-11:00 am
- Blood Drive 2023 Dates: Jan 8, Mar 12, Jun 4, Aug 6, Nov 5 – We Are Blood Drive at Bethany
OTHER ONGOING OPPORTUNITIES
- Samaritan Health Ministries. We depend on volunteers to provide much needed medical and dental care to the uninsured in our community. We are looking for: interpreters, handyman, dental hygienists, pharmacists, pharmacy techs (all shifts) and Monday evenings 4 – 8pm for Acute Care Clinic: Medical Assistants, Nurses, Pharmacists, Interpreters. ( ). (Rich Wilcox)
- Community Service Reimagined – Needs some storage bins & boxes and “Muscle” which is volunteers with trucks to deliver much-needed beds sofas to families setting up their new households. (Ginny Conklin- 512-799-4848)
- Daily – Prayer Shawls are needed to give to those going through difficult times. (Vickie Koelling)
- Women of Vision Austin - STEP (Survivor of Trafficking Empowerment Program) is collecting care kit supplies for local survivors of abuse & trafficking. See this Sign-Up Genius for details: www.bit.ly/wovstep1 Email or call 512-740-5911.
- Drive A Senior Northwest needs drivers to assist clients with necessary transportation during the current restrictions. Donations needed of postage stamps, spray cleaners, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, card stock/decorative paper. (Carla Young)
- HCCM Thrift Store is open, but needs volunteers to sort and price goods for sale. Alos needs cashiers (all shifts) Background checks required. Email Cliff Wells
- HCCM Food Pantry needs volunteers mostly on afternoon shifts. Kandy Chimento (512-259-0360, Ext. 205.)
Refugee Services of TX is collecting hotel and Visa gift cards for SIV evacuee families from Afghanistan. Drop off gift cards at: 500 E St Johns Ave #1.280, Austin, 78752. Do you have contacts within the apartment/leasing community? Connect or with an email introduction to your contacts. Bethany contact: or 512-740-5911.
INDOOR DONATION BINS
- Currently located in the Worship Center Gathering Area and The Disciple Building at the Main Office Entrance and near the Grimes Chapel.
- Weekly – HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need non-perishable food donations & large diapers. (Linda Stearnes)
- Bags of Hope (formerly Backpack Ministry) - Can use donations of JIF TO GO Peanut Butter and single serving Mac & Cheese.
- Weekly – HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need non-perishable food donations and personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste& toilet paper
- Reveal Resource Center needs large diapers (Linda Starnes)
- ADRN (Austin Disaster Relief Network) is requesting Survivor Care Kits (Care Kit Content List HERE) or donations to ADRN on their website (http://www.adrntx.com), by check to Bethany or on-line HERE (select "Austin Disaster Relief Network Donation" from dropdown). There are immediate needs for the kits but we will also be collecting for an indefinite period. You can deliver the kits to ADRN HQ or bring to Bethany campus and Jimmy will deliver to ADRN. (Jimmy Wilson)
FINANCIAL DONATIONS TO ALL MISSIONS:
- Financial Donations to all Missions can be made on-line through Bethany Giving (select appropriate fund designation from the drop down)