Many organizations have had to adapt and change how they are providing services during the COVID-19 outbreak, so check with the listed contact person for specific details.
Please share the following Mission opportunities with your group(s):
Some mission opportunities are on hold during the COVID19 restrictions. Check with contact person for more information.
- On Hold – Mobile Loaves and Fishes at Bethany FH (Gayle Kneupper)
- May 6 – HCCM Fresh Food For All sort food at HCCM. Leander (Cliff Wells): 1:00-2:30 pm
- May 7 – HCCM Fresh Food For All distribution in Bethany Parking Lot (Cliff Wells): 8:30-11:00 am
- May 11 – Feed My People Open again in refurbished First UMC Austin's kitchen and serving 45-50 to go bags. Limited volunteers needed. Can use donations of socks & boxer shorts and sponsorships at $250 per session. . Contact (Debbie Childers): 5:30 am
- May 12 – Movin' & Goovin' is boxing items requested by clients in L-105 . Contact Ginny Conklin, 512-799-4848.
- May 22 - World Vision Global 6K for Water 8:30 - 11:30 AM Twin Lakes Family YMCA, 204 East Little Elm Train, Cedar Park, TX, US 78613. Sign-up to participate* in the 6K (3.7 miles) HERE . *All participants must raise at least $50
- Daily – Prayer Shawls are needed during these restricted times. (Vickie Koelling)
- Various – Drive A Senior Northwest assisting seniors in obtaining COVID vaccines and in attending appointments. Drivers are needed to assist clients with necessary transportation during the current restrictions. Donations needed of postage stamps, spray cleaners, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, card stock/decorative paper. (Carla Young)
- Various – HCCM Thrift Store is open, but needs volunteers to sort and price goods for sale. Email or call 512-334-6464
- Various – Fresh Food for All needs volunteers for Tuesday Distributions. (Cliff Wells)
DONATION BARRELS (Location Map)
- Located in front of the Galilee (Children's) Building by the main doors.
- The barrels are CLEARED DAILY and the contents stored inside.
- Weekly – HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need non-perishable food donations and personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste& toilet paper).
- ADRN (Austin Disaster Relief Network) is requesting Survivor Care Kits (Care Kit Content List HERE) or donations to ADRN on their website (http://www.adrntx.com), by check to Bethany or on-line HERE (select "Austin Disaster Relief Network Donation" from dropdown). There are immediate needs for the kits but we will also be collecting for an indefinite period. You can deliver the kits to ADRN HQ or bring to Bethany campus and Jimmy will deliver to ADRN. (Jimmy Wilson)
- Financial Donations to all Missions can be made on-line through Bethany Giving (select appropriate fund designation from the drop down)
Next Missions Team Meeting
Monday, May 17, 2021@ 7:00 PM
Contact Cliff Wells for meeting link