Many organizations have had to adapt and change how they are providing services during the COVID-19 outbreak, so check with the listed contact person for specific details.
Disaster Relief-TARPS; Feed My People- SOCKS; Bags of Hope( formerly Backpack Ministry)- JIF TO GO PB; Reveal Resource Center-LARGE DIAPERS; HCCM- CANNED CORN; Drive a Senior Northwest-STAMPS; Women of Vision & Refugee Services of Texas-LAUNDRY DETERGENT
Missio Dei Churchwide Events:
October 23rd & 24th (Local Missions) and October 30th & 31st (International Missions) including Preaching focus. See website for details.
Please share the following Mission opportunities with your group(s):
Some mission opportunities are on hold during the COVID19 restrictions. Check with contact person for more information.
- On Hold – Mobile Loaves and Fishes until Fellowship Hall and Kitchen are repaired
- Sep 30 – HCCM Fresh Food For All sort food at HCCM. Leander (Cliff Wells): 1:00-2:30 pm
- Oct 1 – HCCM Fresh Food For All distribution in Bethany Parking Lot (Cliff Wells): 8:30-11:00 am
- Oct 12 – Feed My People Open again in refurbished First UMC Austin's kitchen and serving 45-50 to-go bags. Limited volunteers needed. Can use donations of socks & boxer shorts and sponsorships at $250 per session. Sign up HERE. Contact (Debbie Childers): 5:30 - 7:00 AM.
- Through Oct 31 - HCCM & LPD Winter Coat & Blanket Drive - collecting new and ‘gently’ used coats and blankets. Drop off points at Smokey Mo’s in Leander, R Bank on East Whitestone, South Star Bank on Crystal Falls Pkwy and Sharks Burger on Ronald Reagan Blvd.
- Oct 10-31 – Pumpkin Patch Pumpkins delivered Sunday Oct. and sales, start 9AM – 7:00PM daily (6:00PM on Friday. Volunteers needed to unload pumpkins 10/11 and to serve at sales desk outside. Volunteers of all ages needed. Carts provided to aid in pumpkin handling. The Pumpkin Patch is located in the front parking lot facing Anderson Mill. Enter at the light and turn left.
- Daily – Prayer Shawls are needed during these restricted times. (Vickie Koelling)
- Various - Women of Vision Austin - STEP (Survivor of Trafficking Empowerment Program) is collecting care kit supplies for local survivors of abuse & trafficking. See this Sign-Up Genius for details: www.bit.ly/wovstep1 Email or call 512-740-5911.
- Various – Drive A Senior Northwest needs drivers to assist clients with necessary transportation during the current restrictions. Donations needed of postage stamps, spray cleaners, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer, card stock/decorative paper. (Carla Young)
- Various – Drive A Senior Northwest is establishing a Community Council for the ministry that will meet twice a year who are interested in the ministry and will spread the word about services, understand needs in our service area related to seniors, particularly with transportation or isolation risks and recommend solutions. (Carla Young)
- Various – HCCM Thrift Store is open, but needs volunteers to sort and price goods for sale. Email or call 512-334-6464. HCCM needs volunteers in the Food Pantry mostly on afternoon shifts. Kandy Chimento (512-259-0360, Ext. 205.)
Various – Refugee Services of TX is collecting hotel and Visa gift cards for SIV evacuee families from Afghanistan. Drop off gift cards at: 500 E St Johns Ave #1.280, Austin, 78752. Do you have contacts within the apartment/leasing community? Connect or with an email introduction to your contacts. Bethany contact: or 512-740-5911.
- Samaritan Health Ministries. We depend on volunteers to provide much needed medical and dental care to the uninsured in our community. We are looking for: interpreters, handyman, dental hygienists, pharmacists, pharmacy techs (all shifts) and Monday evenings 4 – 8pm for Acute Care Clinic: Medical Assistants, Nurses, Pharmacists, Interpreters. ( ). (Rich Wilcox)
- Movin’ & Groovin’ – Needs some storage bins & boxes and “Muscle” which is volunteers with trucks to deliver much-needed beds sofas to families setting up their new households. (Ginny Conklin- 512-799-4848)
INDOOR DONATION BINS
- Currently located in the Worship Center Gathering Area and The Disciple Building at the Main Office Entrance and the Grimes Chapel.
- Weekly – HCCM and Reveal Resource Center need non-perishable food donations and personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, toothpaste& toilet paper).
- ADRN (Austin Disaster Relief Network) is requesting Survivor Care Kits (Care Kit Content List HERE) or donations to ADRN on their website (http://www.adrntx.com), by check to Bethany or on-line HERE (select "Austin Disaster Relief Network Donation" from dropdown). There are immediate needs for the kits but we will also be collecting for an indefinite period. You can deliver the kits to ADRN HQ or bring to Bethany campus and Jimmy will deliver to ADRN. (Jimmy Wilson)
Finacial donations to ALL Missions:
- Financial Donations to all Missions can be made on-line through Bethany Giving (select appropriate fund designation from the drop down)
Next Missions Team Meeting
Monday, Nov 22, 2021@ 7:00 PM
Both In-person & Via Zoom (location TBD)
Contact Cliff Wells for meeting link