Whatever you do to the least of these you do unto Me. - Jesus (Matthew 25:35-40)
If you can't feed a hundred hungry people, feed just one. - Mother Teresa
512-577-7001 or 512-250-3455
Bags of Grace is a ministry of love to the homeless and a simple way to assist those who are living on the streets of Austin. What is a A Bag of Grace? It is simply a one-gallon ziploc plastic bag filled with specific non-perishable food items and other basics we often take for granted. We know it won't solve homelessness but it is a tangible way we can make a small difference.
Types of Volunteers Needed:
All ages from 2 to 102 to assemble bags.
Donation of items for the bags:
- bottle of water
- Chef Boy R Dee microwaveable meal
- can of Vienna Sausages
- can or cup of fruit
- two packages of cheese or peanut butter crackers
- two individually wrapped sticks of beef jerky
- pack of Juciy Fruit gum
- pack of eating utensils and napkin
- pocket size packet of tissues
- quart sized zipper bag with 6-8 wet wipes
- card explaining the gift of God's grace and how one can accept this gift (sinner's prayer)
How to volunteer:
Contact us by email or phone. Private assemblies for small groups will also be considered.
Once a month assemblies are usually on various Saturday afternoons and will last 2-3 hours. Assemblies are announced through the Bethany Announce YahooGroup and via group email.