Our annual project to bring Thanksgiving meals to families in need who have students in local schools.
* CALLERS are needed to contact clients during the week of Nov15-20 to let them know we will be delivering the meals and ensure someone will be home. We especially need Spanish speakers.
Donating a Meal
How it works:
- Volunteers pick up a reusable cloth bag at the church and purchase the items on the attached list. OR you can use the shopping list HERE to purchase the items on the list
- Once you have filled the bag or purchased the groceries, you can bring the bag (or groceries) along with a check for $35 to the Worship Center on Sunday mornings or the youth staff office Mondays - Thursdays
- The $35 will be used to purchase a fully cooked frozen turkey, dinner rolls and a pie for each family.
- If you prefer to NOT shop for groceries, but would like to help a family in need, you can make monetary donations to BUMC in the amount of $60 per family
- by check - mark "Thanksgiving Meals" on the memo line
- Online, choose "Thanksgiving bag" option. Online Giving HERE
Please turn in your bags and/or funds by Sun, Nov 14
Delivery volunteers needed!**
Pick-up Meals for Delivery:
Sunday, Nov 21
12:15 - 1:00 PM
Meal Delivery: 1:00 - 3:00 PM
We need at least 100 families to deliver meals to one or two of the families who will be receiving the meals. Our goal is to get everything delivered between 1:00 - 3:00 PM.
To learn more, contact Kris Cutler, 512-258-6017 x235