Thanksgiving Meals 2020!
Our annual project to bring Thanksgiving food to 200 families in need who have students in local schools has begun.
Donating a Meal
How it works:
Due to COVID-19, we have made a few changes this year to try to make it as contactless as possible.
- Volunteers pick up a reusable cloth bag at the church and purchase the items on the attached list. OR you can use the shopping list HERE to purchase the items on the list
- Once you have filled the bag or purchased the groceries, you can bring the bag (or groceries) along with a check for $35 on Wednesdays between 4:00 and 6:00 pm at the Ark (covered drive-thru) or on Sundays during In-Person Worship in the mornings or Outdoor Worship in the evenings. Kris Cutler, Maggie Todd, or Scott Hinderliter will accept your donations and move them to a secure place in the church until delivery day.
- The $35 will be used to purchase a fully cooked frozen turkey, dinner rolls and a pie for each family.
- If you prefer to NOT shop for groceries, but would like to help a family in need, you can make monetary donations to BUMC in the amount of $60 per family
- by check - mark "Thanksgiving Meals" on the memo line
- Online, choose "Thanksgiving bag" option. Online Giving HERE
Please turn in your bags and/or funds by Sunday, November 15
Delivery volunteers needed!**
Pick-up Meals for Delivery:
Sunday, Nov 22
12:30 - 1:30 PM
We need at least 80 families to deliver meals to one or two of the families who will be receiving the meals. Our goal is to get everything delivered between 1:00 - 3:00 PM.
** COVID-19 Delivery Info: We will treat delivery this year like Uber Eats or HEB delivery where volunteers will come to the church and pick up the meal bags using a curbside pick-up process. Drivers will deliver bags like Uber Eats and HEB by putting it on the porch, ringing the doorbell and stepping back to make sure it is picked up while staying socially distant.
To learn more, contact Kris Cutler, 512-258-6017 x235