HCCM is non-profit organization, a coalition of churches assisted by area businesses, schools, civic organizations and caring individuals that provides food, clothing and other assistance for people in crisis and those living in poverty in southwest Williamson and northwest Travis counties. HCCM operates a food pantry, clothes closet, and provides other assistance to over 400 -500 families each month.
Types of Volunteers Needed:
- Donations of non-perishable food, Mac & Cheese, breakfast food and pasta are needed.
- Organize a Food Drive in your neighborhood, church group like Sunday school class or business. Any time, but schedule with HCCM so drop off can be coordinated.
- Food Pantry – volunteers fill client food orders, sort food donations and stock shelves. Thursdays, 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
- CARE Coordinator – interview clients, assess need, recommend assistance and make referral. M-F, 9 am –12 pm, or 1-3 pm, once a wk. Bi-lingual is helpful
- Thrift Store – Assist clients, sort clothing, and restock shelves and clothes racks, housewares and small furniture. Mon-Sat, 10 am – 6 pm or 1-3 pm, once a week. Volunteer needs are afternoons and Saturday (3-6 pm). Cashiers needed all shifts; background check required. Donations taken M-F 11 am - 3 pm.
- Retail Food Pickup – Need more drivers to pick up donations at our retail stores. This is done with your own vehicle and you pick up daily donations in the morning at stores, such as HEB, Randall's, Target, Sprouts, etc. and deliver to HCCM.
- Facility Maintenance – If you have some occasional free time, as needed, we can always use someone with "handy man" skills
- HCCM Garden – Looking for people who are interested in helping with our garden. Lots of projects and options from planting and watering, to building beds and composting! Email for more information.
How to Volunteer:
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Kandy Chimento, 512-259-0360, ext.205