Funeral and Memorial Services are an important part of the ministry of our church community. These services vary in order to meet the needs of the family. With the help of the presiding pastor, we take special care to provide guidance, to personalize the service, and to assist the family in this difficult time.
Services are normally held Monday through Thursday during business hours, at which time full church support is available. Services may be held on Friday mornings before noon with no additional considerations. Services may also be held on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings until noon, depending on space and pastoral availability. However, because services on these days require our support staff to work additional hours beyond their normal schedule, an additional fee of $200 will be charged. Saturday afternoons and evenings, and Sundays are always reserved for worship and other ministry activities.
Honorariums and fees:
- Pastors Presiding and Assisting at Services – no fee is required since pastors understand funerals and memorials to be a part of their ministry. Often an honorarium is provided by the family as an expression of thankfulness for pastoral support. Honorariums may range from $100-$300 depending on the extent of the pastoral support which has been provided. If travel out of town is involved, please consider covering the pastor’s travel expense.
- Organist or Accompanist – the fee is $100-$125 depending on the amount of music desired and the time needed to prepare and perform it.
- Soloist or Song Leader – the fee is $75-$100 depending on the amount of music desired. The soloist may be a church staff member, volunteer or and individual selected by the family.
- Sound/Multi-media Technician – the fee is $35 for basic sound only, and $50 for sound and multi-media such as a slide or video tribute. The fee will be increased to $100 if the technician develops the tribute as well.
- Support or Custodian/Set-Up Staff –a fee will be charged only if there are special arrangements, services, or set-up requested.