Serving Under-Privileged Families in our Community
On the dates below, we will be preparing and delivering meals using MLF food trucks.
Special Donation Need for March: Shampoo
- Monday, Feb 17
- Friday, Feb 28
- Monday, Mar 2
- Monday, Mar 16
- Friday, Mar 27
Utilizing a Mobile Loaves and Fishes food truck which we rent from Riverbend Church, we make 3 evening runs per month to distribute food and clothing to the homeless. MLF has designated ‘drop points’ identified and we select the 1 to 3 stops to make in an evening delivering sandwiches, fruit, chips and drinks.
Types of Volunteers Needed:
Volunteers must sign-up to participate
To Sign-up, contact Gayle Kneupper, 512-785-5331
There are 2 teams of 5 persons each involved in each evening’s distribution run. The first team meets about 4:00 PM to prepare approximately 200 sandwiches and load the truck with food and drink items. The second team leaves in the loaded truck at 5:00 PM to make the designated stops to distribute the food and clothing, returning to the church by 7:30 PM.
Minimum age to volunteer in the kitchen is 12 yrs.
Minimum age to ride in the truck is 14 yrs.
- Prepare food (usually sandwiches) - 4:00 PM
- Deliver food in the Mobile Loaves & Fishes truck, usually from 5:00-7:30 PM
- Help purchase food
- Prepare hard boiled eggs (typically 4 dozen needed)
- Bake cookies (6 dozen needed)
- Donate clothing (including children sizes)
- Donate socks, gloves etc.
- $$$ donations to offset the run costs
How to volunteer:
Contact Gayle Kneupper, 512-785-5331