Updates due to COVID-19 & Gathering Restrictions
Worship is still happening!
Even though our campus is closed, things are still happening!
Our campus is still closed until further notice.
- See Campus Status Update for details
Campus Status Update:
Resuming In-Person Worship Survey Results
Thanks to all of you who completed our survey. We had 770 responses and the information we received is helping to guide our plans for restarting multiple campus activities over the next several months. The link below will provide you with a summary of the responses. We will provide additional updates in the next few weeks.
Dear Bethany Family,
While we will continue to livestream our services online, the staff is working diligently on plans to reopen the Bethany campus using a phased approach. Our initial focus is to create a safe environment for resuming worship in the Worship Center, which requires significant planning and training to comply with state and local orders and minimize the potential transmission of germs. Actions in progress now include:
- Securing cleaning supplies and developing comprehensive cleaning procedures
- Developing procedures for proper social distancing during gathering, check in, seating, and exiting
- Evaluating practices for communion, birthday prayers, offerings, attendance, etc.
When we return, the worship experience will be a little different than before, but these changes will allow us to resume worshiping together again!
We understand that some people are very excited to attend worship in person, while others are reluctant to gather in public at this time. We will soon be conducting a survey to gather additional input from you. We request continued patience while we finalize the many changes needed to conduct worship in a healthy manner. As we make more progress with our preparation, we will provide details on reopening dates, more definition of how we will safely operate services, and what we will require from participants.
Our phased approach will begin with one or two worship services each week and gradually expand to include other activities on campus as we gain more experience and the local metrics around COVID show improvement. However, at this time, the campus remains closed.
We hope that the online worship experience fulfills your need for spiritual renewal and connection as we weather this difficult situation. We look forward to journeying together with you to once again worship together as the Bethany family!
Your Pastoral Staff
Please Continue to...
- Follow the recommendations of the medical community – wash your hands often with soap and water for as long as it takes to sing the Happy Birthday song two times, cover your face when coughing or sneezing, disinfect belongings when you must leave your home e.g. diaper bags, blankets, etc.
- Pray. It’s not a cliché. It’s a clarion call to do what we do as people of faith. For thousands of years, the local church has been the bedrock of support for communities grappling with fear about public disease. That starts with prayer: for the cessation of the spread of the virus; individuals and caregivers directly impacted by the illness: and all of us as we remember that God is our refuge and strength, and our ever-present help in trouble (Psalm 46).
- Act. We embrace service and preparation alongside our prayer. As always, BUMC will seek out ways to help those in need, from making our own worship environments safe to funding medical solutions to caring for those in need. It’s who we are as the people of BUMC.