Revised Date: Mar 6, 2023
Status: Full-time w/benefits*
Reports to: Director of Student Ministries
This is a full time position responsible for assisting in all aspects of Student Ministry at Bethany United Methodist Church for students in grades 6-12. Our purpose is to help students cultivate a relationship with Christ. We strive for students to love one another, grow in faith and reach others for Christ. You will work with the Director of Student Ministry to implement ministry to youth.
As Assistant Director of Student Ministries:
- You will develop relational ministry with both Middle and High school students and help them grow their relationship with God.
- Everyday, you will assist in overseeing student ministries by coordinating, planning, promoting, and publicizing weekly youth Sunday School classes, weekly youth group, fundraising events, and mission opportunities.
- You will support students by attending sporting events and school performances every week to build relationships.
TO THRIVE IN THIS ROLE, you must have a sincere heart for God, youth and student ministry, model high ethical standards of the United Methodist Church, support the mission and vision of Bethany United Methodist Church, have strong organizational and time management skills, and enjoy building relationships.
What to expect as an Assistant Director of Student Ministries:
- Maintain a relationship with Christ and continue to grow as a believer by attending a grow group, worship and other opportunities for growth.
- Organize, implement, and attend local mission opportunities, summer mission trips, retreats, and other summer programming for groups of 15-50 people
- Lead devotions, worship, and games for Student Ministries programming on Sunday and Wednesday nights.
- Lead disciple groups for students
- Build leaders in Christ by facilitating the Youth Leadership Team
- Visit students as needed for relational and care ministry
- Recruit and train ministry volunteers
- Assist with parent communication throughout the year
- Work closely with Director of Student Ministry and Confirmation Coordinators to implement confirmation (weekly studies, retreat, confirmation celebration and worship)
- Collaborate and work closely with Student Ministry staff each week around programming
- Set up events and activities which require lifting 10 to 25 pounds.
A BACHELOR'S DEGREE degree in related field and/or certification in youth ministry is preferred.
Please email the following to Kris Cutler specifying “Assistant Youth Director” in subject line.
- Your resume and cover letter
- Complete application filled out
* Position includes full benefits including health insurance, life insurance, optional dental and vision insurance as well as flexible spending options, 403b, vacation, sick and personal time off.