To assist you in your Journey of Grace, we have listed opportunities to help you engage in the Spiritual Practices of Discipleship.
Bible Reading and Reflection
- 30 Days to Understanding the Bible – Max Anders (available through many online book sellers)
- Disciple Bible Study Series
(periodically offered at Bethany and other United Methodist Churches)
- One Book Study
- Wednesday Night Bible Study
- Women's Bible Studies at Bethany
- Other Bible Studies in the Community (Non-United Methodist)
- Prayer Drawer (ideas, objects, photos)
- Online prayer journals
- Written journals
- Enough – Adam Hamilton (available through many online book sellers)
- Money Matters – Michael Slaughter (available through many online book sellers)
- Financial Peace University – Dave Ramsey
- Generosity at Bethany
Adult Spiritual Development Courses that are a Great Starting Point:
Course is offered at Bethany each Spring and Fall
The Alpha Course is an opportunity to explore the validity and relevance of the Christian faith for our lives today. It is a practical introduction to the basics of Christianity with loads of opportunity for debate and discussion. The style of Alpha is informal, friendly and non-pressured, and it’s a great way to meet new people! The teaching content for Alpha is found in the book Questions of Life by Nicky Gumbel. This course is free to participants.
Walk to Emmaus
Emmaus Walk Weekends occur at various times throughout the year
The focus of The Walk to Emmaus is God as known in Jesus Christ and how that finds expression in the local church. The objective of Emmaus is to inspire, challenge, and equip local church members for Christian action in their homes, churches, and places of work. Emmaus lifts up a way for our grace-filled life to be lived and shared with others.