| Nursery Worker - Adult
||Ongoing - As Needed
||Nursery Administrator, Nursery Coordinator, Childcare Scheduler
This position is responsible for providing excellent care for the children and parents of Bethany. Duties include implementing nursery policies and procedures and fostering quality communication with children and parents, as well as nursery and church staff.
- Attend nursery training events per policy.
- Follow church and nursery policy as outlined in the Bethany UMC employee handbook and Bethany nursery staff manual.
- Turn in nursery registration cards to Nursery Coordinator (Sunday morning workers).
- Report any needs to the Nursery Administrator, Nursery Coordinator or Childcare Scheduler.
- Open and close the room as needed to begin and end each shift.
- Serve as key greeter, meeting parents, children, and other workers with a ready smile, a listening ear, and calm assurance.
- Act as “Adult On Site,” communicating with parents and taking responsibility for the room.
- Assist in training of new staff and leadership of student workers.
- Ensure presence of only staff, approved volunteers and children in care in the nursery.
- Provide support and assistance to parents when they arrive with their child.
- Actively engage with children, setting up age-appropriate stations and activities.
- Provide physical, emotional, and intellectual support and stimulation to each child in care, as appropriate for the circumstances.
- Ensure hourly diaper checks.
- Attempt to calm children before alerting parents.
- Contact parents if a child becomes sick or inconsolable.
- Develop a relationship of trust and continuity with children and parents.
- Sign and address with parent any Injury Reports.
- Be punctual. Notify the supervisor in advance if you must be late.
- Be reliable in your attendance. Secure a substitute and notify the supervisor in advance if you must be absent.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to others, including children, adults, and peers.
- Encourage other nursery staff.
- Check email at least weekly and respond to staff communications.
- Do not engage in the physical punishment/discipline of any child.
- Steadfast commitment to the highest ideals of the Christian faith, of the United Methodist Church, and the mission, vision and purpose of Bethany UMC
- Servant attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of children and their needs
- High people skills
- Team player who operates in a collegial manner with other staff
- Adaptive to a variety of situations
- Over 18 years of age or older and willing to accept responsibilities of an adult worker
- Ability to lift 15-20 lbs
- CPR, First Aid, Shaken Baby/SIDS (training will be provided, required in first six months)
Please submit an application and resume to Elizabeth Nettles