What is the Annual Church Conference
Each United Methodist congregation holds an annual church conference, with the District Superintendent presiding, for the purpose of reviewing and evaluating the total mission and ministry of the church, and receiving reports from:
- The Finance Committee regarding budget for the upcoming year.
- Staff Parish Relations Committee regarding personnel.
- Committee on Lay Leadership (Nominations Committee) regarding new church officers for the upcoming year.
- Trustees regarding property issues.
- Stewardship Committee regarding prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
- Membership regarding worship and Sunday school attendance.
- Reports are also received from various Program Ministry areas, e.g. Children, Youth, Congregational Care, Missions.
- Each pastor is also required to submit an annual report of his/her ministry activities during the past year.