The God of heaven is the one who will give us success, and we his servants are going to start building... Nehemiah 2:20a
May 2016 Campus Transformation Update
Phase 1 (Completed)- Our Beyond Walls: Transforming Lives Campus Transformation Program reached a major milestone in Spring of 2015 with the completion of Phase 1, our new parking lot! It looks wonderful and we are excited to have additional parking so all who wish to worship at Bethany UMC will be able to find a parking spot. Phase 1 also included construction of an additional entrance from Anderson Mill Road and other infrastructure changes.
Phase 2 (Completed) - Construction of the new Worship Center and Music Suite is well underway and on track. We hope to have our first worship services in the building in late September!
October 16, 2016 - Save the Date! Our official building dedication & celebration will be on October 16, to coincide with Consecration Weekend. Bishop Lowry will join us for a special time of worship with two combined praise/traditional services—one at 8:45 and one at 10:45 AM. We will also celebrate Bethany UMC’s 40th Anniversary, as we give thanks to the God of heaven who has led us on this journey of growth and outreach.
In honor of Bethany’s 40th Birthday (July 4), we’ve started a Final Touches Fundraiser to ensure the new building is properly furnished and decorated. Stay tuned for how you can give a birthday gift to Bethany and other ways to support and bless this campus transformation project.
Phase 3 - Research for re-purposing of existing Sanctuary and connected rooms will begin later this year. The goal is to open up more space for ministry on our campus. The current Sanctuary will continue to exist as a mid-size worship area, for use by youth and other ministries, and will be available for weddings, funerals and other events.
As a reminder, the purpose of this program is to transform our current walls, so that we can better minister beyond our walls, transforming lives with Christ’s love. While physical square footage has increased, the more important change is how ministry and fellowship will be improved. In the new Worship Center and Music Suite:
- Our music ministries will have more rehearsal and performance space, allowing for growth and creativity.
- There will be plenty of seats for large worship events such as Easter and Christmas (people actually left this year on Easter due to overcrowding). Audio and sight lines will be greatly improved as well.
- This building will have automatic door openers for handicap access, and will include a family room, nursing moms room and a Prayer Corner. Restrooms will nearby rather than down the hall.
- The Gathering Area will have plenty of space for fellowship between services, and the Connection Corner (which will function like our current Ministry Center) will be much closer and larger.
- Space in our current building will be freed up for youth and other ministries.
For more information, contact: Cliff Wells, 512-258-6017