The God of heaven is the one who will give us success, and we his servants are going to start building... Nehemiah 2:20a
March 2017 Campus Transformation Update
Phase 1 (Completed)- Our Beyond Walls: Transforming Lives Campus Transformation Program reached a major milestone in Spring of 2015 with the completion of Phase 1, our new parking lot! It looks wonderful and we are excited to have additional parking so all who wish to worship at Bethany UMC will be able to find a parking spot. Phase 1 also included construction of an additional entrance from Anderson Mill Road and other infrastructure changes.
Phase 2 (Completed) - Construction of the new Worship Center and Music Suite was completed in late September 2016. Our official building dedication and celebration was October 16, coinciding with Consecration Weekend. Bishop Lowry joined us for a special time of worship with two combined praise/traditional services—one at 8:45 and one at 10:45 AM. We also celebrated Bethany UMC’s 40th Anniversary, and gave thanks to the God of heaven who has led us on this journey of growth and outreach.
Phase 3 - Research for re-purposing of existing Sanctuary and connected rooms has begun! We expect to have specific information on design and cost in next month. Once that information comes in, look for a more detailed update in the Epistle and on the website. Funds for Phase 3 were set aside from Beyond Walls: Transforming Lives pledges, so no additional fundraising is expected. As a reminder, the goal of this final phase is to open up more space for ministry on our campus, particularly for student ministries. The current Sanctuary will continue to exist as a mid-size worship area, for use by youth and other ministries, and will be available for weddings, funerals and other events.
The purpose of this program is to transform our current walls, so that we can better minister beyond our walls, transforming lives with Christ’s love. While physical square footage has increased, the more important change is how ministry and fellowship will be improved. In the new Worship Center and Music Suite:
- Our music ministries now have more rehearsal and performance space, allowing for growth and creativity.
- There are plenty of seats for large worship events such as Easter and Christmas. Audio and sight lines have greatly improved as well.
- This building has automatic door openers for handicap access, and includes a family room, nursing moms room and a Prayer Corner. Restrooms are nearby rather than down the hall.
- The Gathering Area has plenty of space for fellowship between services, and the Connection Corner will be much closer and larger.
- Space in our current building will be freed up for youth and other ministries.
For more information, contact: Cliff Wells, 512-258-6017