Saturday, October 19, 2019, 5:00 PM - Sunday, October 27, 2019, 12:00 PM
Location: Bethany United Methodist Church - Austin, TX, 10010 Anderson Mill Road, Austin, TX US 78750
What does it mean to be a follower of Jesus?
Take the Matthew 25 Challenge!
A week-long challenge of daily experiences for you and your family to engage in God’s love for “the least of these brothers and sisters.”
Text M25 to 44888 to sign up. Select launch date Oct 21.
Sign up any time prior to the launch date.*
“... whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” — Jesus (Matthew 25:40, NIV)
LAUNCH WEEKEND – Attend Worship on Missio Dei weekend, October 19/20, for important insights to help your family take on this enriching Challenge from World Vision.
CELEBRATION WEEKEND – Return to Worship on October 26/27 to share and respond to this unique experience.
BETWEEN THE TWO WEEKENDS - Daily texts will challenge and encourage you with powerful stories of children around the world, prayers, and thoughtful questions. Plus, you’ll get access to family activities!
- Monday, Oct. 21 – Skip lunch, and break your fast tonight with rice and beans.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 – Today, drink only water.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 – Sleep on the floor tonight.
- Thursday, Oct. 24 – Wear the same clothes you wore yesterday.
- Friday, Oct. 25 – Reach out to someone going through a difficult time.
- Saturday, Oct. 26 – Take a 30-minute prayer walk.
Text M25 to 44888 to sign up. Select launch date Oct 21.*
Share on social media during the week: #M25CHALLENGE
Detailed instructions for signing up via text:
- Open your phone’s texting app.
- Where you normally type a name or phone number, enter the five digits 44888.
- Where you normally type your text message, enter M25 as a single word.
- Hit send.
- Follow the remaining instructions texted back to you.
Don’t do texts? Sign up for daily emails at worldvision.org/M25. Or, download the Printed Version below.
The Family Activity Guide is also available below.
Special Activities are also planned for Sunday schools of all ages:
- Adults – Delve into the meaning and context of Matthew 25:31-46, consider its relevance for you, and explore how it can deepen your engagement in your community and world in this four-week study.
- Students – Explore the Matthew 25 scripture, play related games, or share experiences from the Matthew 25 Challenge, spread across two weeks in Sunday school, Youth Group, and mid-week Bible Study.
- Children – Sunday School lessons on October 20 will help children explore the challenges of hunger, clean water, and safe shelter that people in poverty around the world struggle with daily.
World Vision is a nonprofit Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the cause of poverty and injustice. Bethany has a longstanding, fruitful relationship with World Vision.
*The personal information you provide to World Vision for this Challenge will never be shared and the communications will cease following the conclusion of the Challenge.
QUESTIONS? Kerry L Stevens, , 512-296-0766