Hill Country Community Ministries (HCCM)
HCCM is non-profit organization, a coalition of churches assisted by area businesses, schools, civic organizations and caring individuals that provides food, clothing and other assistance for people in crisis and those living in poverty in southwest Williamson and northwest Travis counties. HCCM operates a food pantry, clothes closet, and provides other assistance to over 400 -500 families each month.
Types of Volunteers Needed:
- Organize a Food Drive in your neighborhood, church group like Sunday school class or business. Any time, but schedule with HCCM so drop off can be coordinated.
- Food Pantry – volunteers fill client food orders, sort food donations and stock shelves. M-F, 9 am-12 pm or 1-3 pm, once a week.
- Caseworkers – interview clients, assess need, recommend assistance and make referral. M-F, 9am –12 pm, or 1-3pm, once a wk. Bi-lingual is helpful
- Clothes Closet- Assist clients, sort clothing, and restock shelves and clothes racks. T or Th, 9am – 12pm or 1-3 pm, once a week.
- Food Pick Up & Delivery – pick up surplus bread & baked goods from area HEB & Randall’s stores & bakeries an deliver to HCCM. M-F 9-11am, once a week.
How to Volunteer:
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Kandy Chimento at 512-259-0360, ext.205 or email@example.com.