Mobile Loaves and Fishes
Serving Under-Privileged Families in our Community
On the dates below, we will be preparing and delivering meals using MLF food trucks.
- Mondays, March 6 & 13
- Friday, March 24
- Mondays, April 3 & 10
- Friday, April 21
Special Donation Needs: Bar Soap
Utilizing a Mobile Loaves and Fishes food truck which we borrow from Riverbend Church, we make 2 or more evening runs per month to distribute food and clothing to the homeless. MLF has designated ‘drop points’ identified and we select the 1 to 3 stops to make in an evening delivering sandwiches, fruit, chips and drinks.
Types of Volunteers Needed:
There are 2 teams of 5 persons each involved in each evening’s distribution run. The first team meets about 4:00 PM to prepare approximately 200 sandwiches and load the truck with food and drink items. The second team leaves in the loaded truck at approximately 5:15 PM to make the designated stops to distribute the food and clothing, returning to the church at approximately 8:00 PM.
- Prepare food (usually sandwiches) - meet at Bethany at 4:00 PM
- Deliver food in the Mobile Loaves & Fishes truck, usually from 5:15-8:00 PM
- Help purchase food
- Prepare hard boiled eggs (typically 4 dozen needed)
- Bake cookies (8 dozen needed)
- Donate clothing (including children sizes)
- Donate socks, gloves etc.
- $$$ donations to offset the run costs
How to volunteer:
Contact Gayle Kneupper