Posting Date: November 2018
Reports to: Director of Student Minsitries
Status: Full time w/benefits*
This is a full time position responsible for assisting in all aspects of Student Ministry at Bethany United Methodist Church for students in grades 6-12. Our purpose is to help students cultivate a relationship with Christ. We strive for students to love one another, grow in faith and reach others for Christ. You will work with the Director of Student Ministry to implement ministry to youth.
- Location: Bethany United Methodist Church in Austin, TX
- Relational: Work in intentional ministry with students in youth ministry as well as their families. This position will require you to be present for students both inside and outside the walls of the church.
- Discipleship/Leadership: Recruit, train and support volunteers for ministry. Prepare programming for youth, Bible Studies, Sunday School and worship. Plan and implement discipleship opportunities for students.
- Administration/Communication: Prepare communications for social media, website and newsletter publications. Assist in keeping records in attendance. Plan budgeting for trips, retreats and programming expenses.
- 3-5 years experience in youth ministry (United Methodist Church preferred)
- Comfortable developing relational ministry with students
- Administrative skills
- Experience organizing events, retreats and mission trips for up to 90 participants
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or certification in Youth Ministry is preferred
- Proven stability/trust in previous ministry positions
Please email the following to Kris Cutler specifying “Assistant Youth Director” in subject line.
- Your resume and cover letter
- Complete application filled out
*Position includes full benefits including health insurance, life insurance, optional dental and vision insurance as well as flexible spending options, 403b, vacation, sick and personal time off